Yummy Holiday Recipes
With the holidays fast approaching, I am sharing a few holiday recipes that includes a few Doterra products. Enjoy!
CHICKEN BURRITO BOWL WITH SUPER GREEN JALAPEÑO SAUCE
Serving 4 bowls
Super Green: Retail:$38.00 Wholesale: $28.50 (don't have a wholesale account? ask me how to get one)
2 boneless and skinless chicken breasts
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon cumin
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 15-ounce can corn, rinsed and drained
4 cups precooked brown rice
2 small Roma tomatoes, diced
½ cup queso fresco cheese, crumbled
¼ cup sour cream ¼ cup green onion, diced
1 cup super green jalapeño sauce (see recipe below)
Super Green Jalapeño Sauce Ingredients:
1 12-ounce can jalapeños
1 bunch fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
½ cup sour cream Juice from
1 fresh lime
2 scoops dōTERRA Greens
1. Rub the salt, cumin, and paprika on both sides of the chicken breasts.
2. Coat a skillet with oil and warm over medium heat until hot.
3. Sear the chicken on both sides until golden brown—about 8–10 minutes per side—until the internal temperature reaches 165 °F.
4. Remove the chicken from the pan and set on a plate to rest.
5. Place the jalapeños, cilantro leaves, garlic powder, kosher salt, sour cream, lime juice, and dōTERRA Greens in a food processor and puree until smooth.
6. Divide the warm beans, corn, and rice into 4 bowls.
7. Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces and place in bowls.
8. Top each bowl, with tomatoes, cheese, sour cream, onions, and super green jalapeño sauce. Enjoy!
9. Place any remaining sauce in an airtight container and keep in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
BLUEBERRY FIBER PANCAKES AND SYRUP
Serving 8 large pancakes 1½ cups of blueberry syrup
Fiber - Retail: $26.00 Wholesale:$19.50 (don't have a wholesale account? ask me how to get one)
3 cups blueberries, frozen
¾ tablespoon non-GMO cornstarch
¼ teaspoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons sugar or 3 tablespoons monk fruit sweetener
1 cup almond milk
¼ cup butter, melted
2 tablespoons honey
2 large organic eggs
1½ cup whole wheat flour (gluten free flour)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 scoop dōTERRA Fiber Pancake
1. In a bowl, mix the almond milk, buttermilk, butter, honey, eggs, whole wheat flour, baking soda, vanilla, and dōTERRA Fiber until smooth. Can also mix in your favorite berries, diced apples, or nuts into the batter, if desired.
2. Heat an oiled griddle over medium heat.
3. Scoop the batter onto the griddle, making the pancakes any size preference.
4. Flip the pancakes after bubbles rise to the surface and the bottom is golden brown.
5. Cook the second side until golden brown.
6. Serve hot with the blueberry syrup. Syrup
1. In a large saucepan, add the blueberries and coat with sugar, lemon juice, and cornstarch.
2. Cook over medium heat until the blueberries excrete juices and the mixture thickens.
3. Stir occasionally and enjoy! For a completely smooth syrup, puree the cooked mixture in a blender.
Doterra Green Smoothie
GET YOUR GREENS
Greens - Retail:$38.00 Wholesale: $28.50 (don't have a wholesale account? ask me how to get one)
12–14 ounces water
2 scoops dōTERRA Greens
1 handful spinach
½ banana, frozen
1 handful ice cubes
1 drop Lime essential oil
PEAR CARAMEL CAKE with Baking Spice essential oil
Baking Spice Retail: $26; wholesale: $19.50 (don't have a wholesale account? ask me how to get one)
2 cups cake flour
1¼ teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon kosher salt
½ cup unsalted butter, softened
1¼ cups brown sugar
2 large eggs, room temperature
1 cup milk, room temperature—whole milk, oat, almond, cashew, or soy milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
5 drops Holiday Baking Blend
1 15-ounce can halved pears, drained Caramel:
1 cup sugar
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ cup heavy whipping cream
1. Start with the caramel. In a large frying pan, heat the sugar over a medium-low heat. Using a whisk or rubber spatula, stir the sugar constantly until it melts to an amber-colored liquid—about 10–15 minutes.
2. Once the sugar is completely melted, whisk in the butter and salt until incorporated.
3. Slowly whisk in the cream. As the sugar mixture bubbles up, continue whisking in until fully incorporated. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
4. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
5. Line a 9-inch cake pan with parchment paper and grease the sides.
6. Pour the hot caramel into the prepared cake pan and place the pear halves on top of the caramel. Set aside.
7. Sift the cake flour, baking powder, and salt into a medium-sized bowl and set aside.
8. Using a stand mixer with a paddle attachment or a hand mixer, cream the butter and brown sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy—about 5 minutes.
9. Add the eggs, scraping the sides of the bowl and mixing well after each egg is added.
10. Stir in the vanilla and Holiday Baking Blend, scraping the sides of the bowl.
11. On a low speed, alternately beat in the flour mixture and milk in two increments, continuing to scrape the sides of the bowl after each increment. Mix until smooth.
12. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. 13. Remove the cake from the oven. Let rest for 10–15 minutes. 14. Carefully run a knife around the sides of the pan to loosen the cake.
15. Place a heatproof plate upside down on the cake pan. Flip the plate and pan over. Remove the cake pan and let cool before serving.
In Good Health,
DISCLAIMER: This information is not intended to provide medical advice. The purpose is to provide education and broader understanding to my readers. Always seek the advice of your qualified healthcare provider before making any dietary or lifestyle changes. I do not recommend or prescribe, or recommend changing dosage or discontinuing, any prescription medications or pharmaceutical drugs.
Menopause & Perimenopause Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/541676579718984
CONNECT WITH ME
If you are struggling with weight gain, lack of energy, hot flashes, cravings, etc. I have a few spots available over the next 2 weeks for a FREE 30-minute Lose Weight and Reclaim Your Energy: Menopause Breakthrough Session with me.
If you’d like to set up a time to chat, click the link below to schedule time on my calendar.
Free eBook: 3 Proven Ways to naturally alleviate perimenopause and menopause symptoms without feeling overwhelmed